Thursday 17 September 2009

Lula's Marathon Madness - Week 1 17 Sept

Missed 2 days training since the last - but actually don't even have a schedule so what am I talking about. Anyway, today couldn't do the morning session as meeting with my Big Boss at 830am. Meeting starts 1.5 hours late. Not a good start but I keep calm.

445pm head out for run. Start on the other side of the posh suburb which is even posher. Spot a lovely field through one of the houses but how the hell do I get there. Decide to ask a newspaper boy for directions - he is so polite with it as well. Teenagers get a bad name. Follow his directions but end up on a golf course - teenagers for you. Some caddy tells me to to keep running on and I will find what I am looking for. Get to Oaks Park - georgeous fields. Decide to run on the track though - not in the mood to dodge dog shit. A killer slope all the way for about 5 minutes - ugh. Get to the other side of the park to a main road but don't know which way to turn. Got about 1 hour till nursery shuts. Head back into park to ask this elderly couple sitting with their dogs, for directions. Actually I dont think it's a couple...maybe they just meet in the park with their dogs. Direct my question to the woman naturally; she looks at me shellshocked - like what is this little black woman saying. Want to tell her I am speaking English. The man steps in - he has a frightfully impeccable old boy accent. Asks me if I am running - I think 'but you saw me running towards you and I am all sweaty in running gear.. no I am flying' I want to say. Anyway he gives me some backroute direction which was actually fab as got in some fresh fume free country air and got back to base in good time to tidy up my desk a bit before heading for my 2nd full time job as Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers